WEB 2 belongs to P2P (Play-to-Play games) where users play just to have fun whereas WEB3 has enabled P2E (Play-To-Earn) games where you not just have fun, but also earn a substantial amount in the form of tokens from it.
2021 was an amazing year where we saw the evolution of the Metaverse and P2E games.
Play to earn games are everywhere right now, and it appears that they will only become more popular in the future.
P2E games span a wide range of genres, from simple puzzle games to arcade games, fantasy sports, role-playing games and much more.
Play-to-earn games are becoming increasingly popular, rewarding players with exciting gameplay as well as financial incentives.
Play-to-earn games provide a one-of-a-kind tokenomic framework that converts your playing time into a revenue stream.
Wanna read more about other Play2Earn games? READ HERE.
Essentially, every action you take in P2E games can be incentivized, whether it's taking on challenges, fighting battles, assisting in the resolution of a problem, or breeding new creatures. The elements in the game are in the form of NFTs. For example, if you want to breed a new creature or create a new avatar, you can easily create a new token and sell/exchange it in the marketplace.
The most significant advantage of NFTs is that they can be easily exchanged for crypto, which can then be traded for fiat via exchanges.
Here are some of the best P2E games :-
1. Axie Infinity – Possibly the most well-known P2E game, Axie Infinity is based on the Ethereum blockchain, and your goal is to battle your way through the game to obtain the Axie monsters, which are unique NFT tokens. With each victory, you will win SLPs, which can be exchanged for real money on cryptocurrency exchanges.
2. Bomb Crypto – This is a hugely popular P2E game that is loosely based on the Bomb Squad title but features an ingenious play to earn style. It has its own cryptocurrency called BCOIN, and your task is to direct your cyborgs to defeat the various monsters and unlock the BCOIN tokens.
3. Plant vs. Undead – Once again, this P2E game gets no points for originality, but it does provide a fun way to earn money from your gameplay. The idea here is to arrange plants in specific patterns in order to fend off the marauding zombie hordes. You must purchase PVU tokens in order to obtain the seeds required to begin playing, but after that, it's a battle to obtain those unique NFTs.
4. My Neighbor Alice - My Neighbor Alice is a multiplayer world-building game that combines the best of both worlds, providing an engaging experience for casual gamers while also providing an ecosystem for NFT traders and collectors.
Players purchase and own virtual plots of land from Alice or the marketplace in the form of an NFT token. Because there is a limited supply of available land, market prices fluctuate. If you're a great landowner, the in-game reputation system will grant you additional benefits. Aside from land, players can purchase and use in-game assets such as houses, animals, vegetables, decorations, and cosmetic items for their avatar.
The Alice token is the primary in-game currency, and it is used for in-game transactions such as purchasing land as well as specific De-Fi services such as staking.
collateralization and buyback.
Still reading? Want to earn while you walk? Don't worry we got you covered here.
5. Town Star - Town Star, like Spider Tank, Mirandus, and Echoes of Empire, is a Play-to-Earn game from Gala. Players can create their own NFT empires and earn TOWN coins as in-game currency.
Players can earn Town Coin by completing missions or using NFT items, and the top 400 ranked users on the leaderboard will receive Gala Tokens.
6. Illuvium - Illuvium is a blockchain game with an open-world RPG setting that will be released soon. Players travel through a fantasy world, defeating and capturing Illuvials. Illivuals, once collected, can be used in battle against other players while questing, completing challenges, or progressing through Illuvium's story.
The Illuvium project revolves around collecting and customizing NFT Illuvials. Each Illuvial has a distinct affinity and class. There are five classes and five affinities, each with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. As you win battles and complete quests, your Illuvial grows in power.
7. The Sandbox - The Sandbox is a virtual metaverse where users can own land, play games, and even create their own. Contribute to the virtual world by becoming a collector, artist, or game decider, or simply enjoy the various games as a regular player. The Sandbox is one of the most well-known names in the metaverse for purchasing digital land or real estate.
Now that we've established the P2E meaning, it's clear that this is a concept that's just getting started. After all, NFTs have only been around for a few years, but there are now NFT games everywhere that allow you to earn real money for your efforts.
P2E games will become increasingly common in the coming years. The ability to earn cryptos and NFTs while playing games is extremely appealing, as is the ability to control your in-game assets in novel ways. P2E gaming will truly enter the mainstream once major gaming studios fully embrace blockchain technology.
If you are into crypto and looking to hold up discussions, join communities and network better with traders and crypto enthusiasts from all over the globe, you should definitely check out Our Crypto Talk.